YOUR THEORY DOESNT REALLY HOLD UP

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by GRETZKY from ww-tq04.proxy.aol.com on March 30, 1998 at 15:50:09:

In Reply to: TITANIC on the INDY Board posted by Ultraman Tiga on March 27, 1998 at 01:48:49:

: I could see why that movie would crop up here. YIJC and TITANIC have very similiar themes and motives (and both lead actors sport the same haircut)! Not too mention, there is an YIJ book that deals (very poorly) with his presence on the ship.

: As for TITANIC I can't see why some of you are bashing it just because it got the success it deserved? It succeeds on several levels, the least of which are the outstanding effects and melodrama.

: The one big complaint I've heard about it is that it is TOO melodramatic. OK, but that's what falling in love is really like (very often anyway). Okay, so there are a bunch of modernistic lines and phrases - on the other hand the lady Rose is recounting the story, and the people listening have to actually form the scenes in thier own minds, being the images that we as an audience see (this is further evidenced by the looks on everyone's faces when the story comes back to the modern times again) - there, that explains THAT!

: Other than that, I defy anybody to REALLY point out what is wrong with the movie itself? So the song's gotten annoying - but it was quite nice to begin with, wasn't it (thanks to Horner - heck I even HATE C. Dion with a passion and even I can admit that). You can't hold the hype against the actual movie, and if you do you are being a very close-minded critic. The hype is a result of the movie having been so good to begin with, as with what happens to just about every four-star, multi-award winning movie.

: To the person that claimed this movie won't last as long as STAR WARS and INDIANA JONES - the TITANIC story has been told HOW MANY TIMES in the last 80 years? And the general public is still fascinated even with the story focusing on a singular event? I'm sorry, but in the late 80's STAR WARS was an endangered species, and as for Jones, he's an endangered species RIGHT NOW! It's been twenty years and STAR WARS is only just now getting back on it's feet. TITANIC will have no problem with that!

: TIGA
I dont remember hearing the word Titanic to often before this movie came out. So the Endangered species infact was the story of Titanic..But Titanic could never be forgotten cause it was true and so many people died...Just like how many times a VietNam war movie has been told, or any war movie for that matter. The story is fascinating ofcourse,but the females were much more fascinated with Leo no question. Proof? 4 of the top selling books in America right now are about Leonardo. That says it right there. Why arent there more books sold about the story of Titanic? It was an Awesome movie though
Gretzky

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]