Wested Jacket Sizing

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by BMan from 206.168.202.40 on March 30, 1998 at 17:24:58:

What are your experiences with the Wested jacket when it comes to fit?

I ordered one last year (and received it after about 2-3 months).

I submitted my height, weight, chest size, and dress shirt size -which accounted for neck and sleeve sizes.

I received size 42 jacket (I submitted a chest size of 40) with extra length added in the body and sleeves.

The length is right, but the jacket (especially the sleeves ) seems constrictive when moving my arms- for activities like scratching my arm, not swinging on a whip. I notice it most when wearing anything bulkier than a t-shirt. And I'm a skinny guy- I shouldn't have this problem.

I also had some problem with the stitching on one of the hand-warmer pockets that came loose and had to be repaired.

All that being said, I love the look of the jacket and would like to order another in order to obtain a better fit. Has anyone else encountered this issue? Do the jackets simply run small? How much extra size do I need to order in order to ensure a good, loose fit in the sleeves? What about stiching quality in the jackets you have received? What about snaps on the front of the jacket to keep the flap over the zipper closed? Mine didn't come with them, but you can see them on the jacket in TLC.

Thanks for the advice.

BMan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: