Oops, one more thing

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by red four from oak-ts1-h2-48-249.ispmodems.net on March 22, 1999 at 14:33:48:

In Reply to: Re: So how is the strap? posted by red four on March 22, 1999 at 14:18:46:

Is the part of the strap that's doubled over (the part in front of your stomach) sewn together? In the movies it stays real close together, and the ones I made always seem to lay just a little too far apart when I'm wearing it. Also, I used a "skate" buckle for my LC strap. It's raised on the ends and pinched in the middle. The movie strap looked like that to me (best scene to see it is the "leap from the lions head"). I used a 5/8 buckle on a 3/4 strap.

Thanks again
John D

: Thanks for the info guys. I'm surprised that it wasn't more accurate. Did Mr. howard say if he made a copy of the movie strap or did he just re-create it from memory?

: John D

: : Close to Raiders version in dark tan color and 1 inch wide, around 3mm to 4mm, so I would call it thick enough strap. But the buckle is totally different... That's the point, I did a better job for the strap and buckle than theirs, I can send my right buckle pic for you if you need. BTW the strap is dyed one side, that's a nice thought for not spread out of the color to the shirt, it also got a line on both side edges.

: : :
: : : : I got the bags from Mr. Howard weeks ago. But the strap is totally different and the buckle either. I love the works of pants but not the bags.... Any way, if you cannot find a good strap, it might be a good choice to buy from Mr. Howard.

: : : : Azuma

: : : : : I recieved the Gas Mask bag from Noel Howard today. It cost me ?5 with the leather strap. The bag is in good condition, a lot better than that of Sentimental Journey's version which was overpriced and filthy and to which I regret buying.
: : : : : Anyway, the bag is a good buy, but one thing I don't understand is that on the X marks the spot page it says that Noel Howard is selling the strap for ?7 without the bag!!!
: : : : : I'm sure you're all sick of hearing about this subject so lets move on......I'll answers any questions regarding the bag..

: : : : :
: : : : : Regards

: : : : : Seamus

: : : Seamus and Azuma, is the strap a good recreation? Does it have a generic type buckle, or is it something special? Is the leather thick or thin? Color? Raiders, TOD or LC style?

: : : The bag is one of my favorite prop items so I'm very interested.

: : : Thanks,
: : : John

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: