Re: Wested Jacket Sizing

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Greg from greg-shambarger.umeres.maine.edu on March 31, 1998 at 08:18:03:

In Reply to: Wested Jacket Sizing posted by BMan on March 30, 1998 at 17:24:58:

I got my Wested a long time ago when I had no idea how to contact them. Consequently, I went through a man in California named Lee Keppler who was getting them somewhat quicker because he was ordering in quantity as a wholesale buyer. Therefore, Keppler had a 42 in stock and I tried it (being a 38-40, I figured I'd either be able to wear it longer in the year (with a sweater) or that it would fit me as I got older and developed the middle-age paunch. At any rate, the jacket (which is indeed the Raiders jacket in dark brown lambskin) fit me fine-a little loose, actually, but I was much thinner than I am now (I got it when I was 18 and when I was about 22 I started filling out a little more) At 25, the jacket fits me quite well now, with still room to "bulk up" if that ever happens! At any rate, The Raiders version never had snaps on the storm flap-in TLC they added a snap to the top and bottom of it. Also, the Raiders had an acetate satin lining in it wheras the TLC apparently had a cotton lining (so I am told). You can also see stylistic differences in the two models-the collar on the TLC is larger than on the Raiders version. I went with the Raiders version on Keppler's advice, but I think I'd like to get the TLC version soon to have both. As far as quality and stitching, I have in fact noticed the stitching coming out of the flaps on my pockets, but nothing too serious after almost seven years of heavy wear. I've given it natural aging by not being afraid to wear it whenever and whatever the conditions-rain, climbing under a friend's car to help fix it, etc. It has held up quite well. As long as the leather is sound, I wouldn't worry about the stitching. All leather jackets are stronger than their stitching. It is a nice looking jacket and I get compliments on it all the time. A friend of mine who isn't even into the IJ saga loved the look of the jacket so much (its simplicity-no fancy zippers, pockets, cuffs, bells or whistles) that she recently ordered one and is awaiting its arrival, which is good, because she can stop borrowing mine!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]