Re: Wested Jacket Sizing

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rod Edgar from rodedgar.demon.co.uk on March 31, 1998 at 13:35:35:

In Reply to: Re: Wested Jacket Sizing posted by Greg on March 31, 1998 at 08:18:03:

I spoke with the guy who runs Wested Leather today, and he assured me that the Indy jacket is as faithful a replica as possible of the original (which I guess it should be, condsidering he made it). :-)

However, he did admit that the press studs on the jacket are now slightly different, as the originals are no longer in production.

Can I ask those who have bought a Wested jacket, aside from this small difference, *is* the jacket a very accurate recreation of those worn in the films?

Ie, is the colour, weight and quality identical to those featured in the films, or has noticeably less work and attention been devoted to them? If they were to begin shooting Indy 4, would the jacket pass for those used in previous films?

How thick is the leather? Is it more appropriate for summer or winter wear?

Also, I understand that, around Christmas, there was a big backlog of orders for the jackets, as Wested was working on the Star Wars prequel and Saving Private Ryan. Has this now been cleared?

I'd be grateful to receive answers to any of these questions, before I pay out on an unknown quantity.

Many thanks,

Rod Edgar.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: