Re: Indy Jacket Imposters! A followup

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on March 22, 1999 at 20:06:40:

In Reply to: Indy Jacket Imposters! posted by Abner on March 22, 1999 at 09:57:05:

: I accidently stumbled upon this website where they claim that CooperUSA made the jackets for the films! Peter Botwright should sue!

:
: Abner

I sent an email inquiring information regarding this jacket, and if they were aware of Wested leather company. I received a couple of responses from a Mr. David Hack, the first being one regarding the fact the they had been told by Cooper jackets that they were in fact the actual original owners and makers of all three of the Indy movie jackets. He also stated that the only internet site they had found was the US Authentic jacket site already discussed here and dismissed as another "fake" and they believed that Mr. Neil Cooper was the originator of the jackets. I emailed Mr. Hack back and supplied him with the web address of the Wested Leather company, and the page describing the Raiders jacket. The return email I received was the most smart aleck and insulting item I've received from a so called legtimate company that I've ever sent requests for information from. If you'll allow, I'll write his response verbatim...."Hello Mark, I spoke to the Coopers and they said that they did make the original Jacket in question and still have the original pattern. I have turned your e-mail over to our law firm and I am sure they can handle it from here. You really should visit www.usauthentic.com. I am sure Mr. Fords agent would love to see that site and even the William Morris Agency, "Jeff Robin", their attorney and senior vice president!! And Mark, it sounds like you have a lot of free time on your hands, so if you would be so kind to drop Mr. Jeffrey S. Robin a line and bring hem (sic) up to date on this and please tell Jeff that my wife loved the gift from John Travolta and we are lloking (sic) forward to the visit. (here is supplies the address of Mr. Robin) I think that this should bring an end to receiving email from you. Best regards, Sgt. Hack email address David Hack (info@uswings.com)". End of email. For those who don't understand the "(sic)" indication, that means that's how it was spelled in the original, not MY spelling. Well there you have it folks. A legitimate request for information was written to these people concerning the claims that were being made on their website, and that's how they respond to the request. Do you want to do business with this company??? Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]