The answer

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on March 23, 1999 at 14:41:20:

In Reply to: US Wings posted by Michaelson on March 23, 1999 at 14:00:21:

: : I accidently stumbled upon this website where they claim that CooperUSA made the jackets for the films! Peter Botwright should sue!

: :
: : Abner

: I just received another follow up from David Hack, who I now have found out is the CEO of the US Wings company, who to his credit, did follow up on his research that we provided him, specfically the WWW address of Wested leather, and has discovered the truth regarding the coats. When I have time later on this evening, in the interest of giving the total story, I'll type his email to me verbatim so you can see what he discoverd, and how he arrived at the decision to change the wording to "Indy Style". Like I said, the emails that passed between us were not very pleasant last night (and there were several before I left for the evening), he at least did follow through on his investigation and write me the results. Check back later and read what he has to say. I owe him that much. Regards. Michaelson

Here is Mr. Hack's email to me dated today at 7:59 a.m. verbatim..."Hello Mark, I not only found it but also got to the bottome of this mix up. (He is referring to the Wested web page here) Cooper was authorised by Lucas Films to make the Indiana Jones Jacket and made some 2000 jackets and sold them for Lucas Films and the jacket did not sell well and they dropped the idea to go forward with the jacket and carry it in their line. Peter Botwright did make the first Indiana Jones jacket and Lucas films would not tell us why they did not let Peter Botwright make the 2000 jackets and they did make the decision to have Cooper make the Authentic Jacket for them. Now that that is over I made the decision to have Indiana Jones name taken off our site and have "Indy Style" put up and I also made the decision to have Cooper taken out of the wording. Mark all of this is a shame because www.uswings.com is the number one aviation site on the internet and we receive over 250,000 hites (sic) per week and sell to every major CEO in the world. If a person and or club wanted to keep the name alive we were it. Best regards, David D. Hack CEO." End of email. It took several messages back and forth last night before this result came to this conclusion. Not a great experience, I have to tell you. The irony of all this to me is that we have great people such as Mr. Botwright and Mr. Howard of Britain who answer our inquires quickly and completely, and WANT our business. They not only tell us so, but go out of their way to prove it. Speaking for us in the US, when we approach our own US dealers, you go through heck and back just to get them to look at a problem, then they grudgingly make a correction but only after a storm of words and bile! I don't understand this at all. Anyway, I wanted to give a fair showing to USWings, as they did indeed check out the facts and backed up. All this started when I simply emailed them and asked a question. Oh well. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]