Re: Wested Jacket Sizing

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12_686.utsi.edu on April 02, 1998 at 13:03:32:

In Reply to: Re: Wested Jacket Sizing posted by Greg on April 01, 1998 at 22:21:38:

: Rod, In answer to your question, as I said before, the Wested Jacket is quite nice. It arrives to you VERY new, and so doesn't look like it "should" right away. It is a considerably soft (like buttah!), thin lambskin (which if you remember how thin his jacket was in the "flying wing" scene as he got his butt walloped all over the airfield, flopping on his back, the jacket you will receive is just that thin. However, I want to caution you before you judge a thin leather jacket to be weak or of low quality. It is in fact high quality dark brown lambskin, which, if you know anything about leathers, is considerably more durable than cowhide, and unlike a lot of leather jackets on the commercial market today, it is full-grain - it is taken from the best part of the animal hide. I have abused my jacket for about seven years and aside from some nice broken-in scratches in the leather (which only make it look nicer), the leather still retains its integrity. The only downfall to the jacket being so soft is if you have a girlfriend or wife as I do (being heterosexist, I know- I apologize if I offend), she will quite likely attempt to steal the jacket from you. I would reccommend the jacket highly-to Jones fans or non-fans!

I appreciate your putting your experience with this jacket to print. I currently am awaiting delivery of my own jacket from Wested Leather, and as all others have done, have wondered if it will truly meet with my expectations, as Peter has said it would. Your statements, along with the others I have read have made me even more pleased with my decision to order something I have wanted since 1981. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]