Re: It's one of Spielberg's weaker films

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on March 25, 1999 at 15:50:11:

In Reply to: Re: It's one of Spielberg's weaker films posted by Aragorn on March 25, 1999 at 15:44:02:

: : Yes, there were scenes that were funny (like when John Belushi crashed his plane, got out, used his parachute, and jumped 3 inches), but overall, it was a failure. Even Spielberg himself will tell you that. It was a misguided effort, in my opinion.

: Yeah, I actually remember Spielberg saying that; that even he thought that he went too far. It was on when A&E premeired their episode of "Biography" on him, a few months ago. At that time, I'd heard several bad things about the movie; it wasn't funny, it went WAY too over the top, etc; but I still hadn't seen it and decided that I still would and judge for myself. Personally, I thought it was terrific, VERY funny, and I'm glad I watched. I especially enjoyed the scene parodying the fight scene from the John Wayne film, "The Quiet Man". :) Just as long as we respect each other's opinions...

I saw this one in the theater, and though I throughly enjoyed it too, I remember sitting there in the dark thinking someone had a pile of money and just seemed to say "Let's go make a movie!" without a script, storyboard, or a way to end the thing. Sort of ran amuck. But visually it was great. The premise was interesting, but it got lost somewhere in there. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]