A LOT annoyed here...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by nitzsche from 1Cust36.tnt2.provo.ut.da.uu.net on March 27, 1999 at 14:25:57:

In Reply to: A little annoyed. posted by Seamus on March 27, 1999 at 13:08:00:

: Is it just me or is anyone else getting tired of a certain two Forum members who keep posting the first thing that comes into their heads.
: The level of discussion on the this Forum has gone down dramatically. I was just looking at some of the past messages where the topics of discussion were much more interesting. I wish we could talk more about the making of the movies rather than such childish questions as who is your favourite character and who would win in a fight, etc.
: A little advice: put some thought into your messages before posting or else this forum will dissolve.

: Regards

: Seamus

I know exactly the two you are talking about. It's great that people can make friends on the forum, but a lot of their posts are either personal, way off-topic, or extremely lame in content. This is an Indy forum, not an Indy poll, or personal e-mail or dating forum, nor is it meant for star wars. I happen to love star wars, but I discuss it in the proper forums and in different groups. I have been debating finding a different forum, but it's hard to think of leaving. I wish people would be more mindful of how they conduct themselves here. I know we all come from different backgrounds; that we are different ages and that some of us are veterans here and some are new. Of course we are going to repeat topics about Indiana Jones. That's fine. I hate to see this turn into a grade-school cafeteria where we flirt and form little cliques and go completely out of control with irrelevant banter. Save your personal comments for e-mails people!

Let's give more intelligent input to this forum. We can make a really good source for "all things Indy" if we respect why Micah started this in the first place. I would suggest that if you don't like it, find a more general forum to frequent, and stop by on occasion to give this forum the proper input.

Thanks--nitzsche

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]