Re: A little annoyed.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LFM from Geminata.dw.net on March 27, 1999 at 16:31:26:

In Reply to: Re: A little annoyed. posted by nitzsche on March 27, 1999 at 15:59:40:

: : : Is it just me or is anyone else getting tired of a certain two Forum members who keep posting the first thing that comes into their heads.
: : : The level of discussion on the this Forum has gone down dramatically. I was just looking at some of the past messages where the topics of discussion were much more interesting. I wish we could talk more about the making of the movies rather than such childish questions as who is your favourite character and who would win in a fight, etc.
: : : A little advice: put some thought into your messages before posting or else this forum will dissolve.

: : : Regards

: : : Seamus

: : A little reminder...this is an indiana jones forum and people come here to talk about those particular movies and movies in general. Yeah, there may be a few airhead posts, but then again, where have you been Seamus? I just looked down the forum a ways and I didn't see anything that you posted the was of a particular higher intellectual level. And Webley you posted to the fave characters thing. And nitzche, I really didn't see anything special from you either. If you don't like what someone is posting just ignore the crap. Believe it or not, OTHER people on this forum have brains too, and sure they may not use them a lot but who the hell cares. What happened to the times when you could just sit down and watch the movie and not care about who made it or if the lighting was wrong...what happened to the times when we could all just be entertained? I know that you may have strong opinions on airhead posts, but those posts may not be that thoughtless to the people who post em'. As long as people reply to what's being posted, there will be a discussion going.
: : LFM

: Um, LFM? It's great that you have fun playing message tag with a couple of friends, but all we are asking is that it be conducted off the forum if it's just little personal messages or thuoghtless posts to grab others' attention. You weren't being directly attacked.

: Understand, also, that I have a profession that keeps me from posting often. But I do contribute when my time permits. I've been frequenting this forum for as long as it has been here. When I do get some free time to visit, I get disappointed when I see threads of posts from folks who are just using the forum to communicate like you would on the telephone or e-mail about irrelevant issues with the occasional "Oh yeah, Indy is sexy" just to keep with the topic. I have seen many forum members leave because of deflating forum topics. A lot have moved off-forum to discuss Indiana Jones related things via e-mail. I believe it should be the other way around. Take your personal issues off-forum. It's simple. Keep off-topic discussions to a minimum like the FAQ says. We all stray for good reasons, and I'm not saying anything not related to Indy must go, just that we need to be a little more in-tune with the topic. Micah asked that irrelevant and/or personal posts be stopped. All we are saying is that you don't need to feel as if the forum has to have a post a minute when they are thoughless, unrelated topics. It's simple. Whether you've been here long or not, if you show up and see threads of inside jokes and personal communiques from 2-3 people, you're less likely to post a response or even start a new thread. But, mostly, I believe the dearth of posts from the three you mentioned (and many others) is the result of the issues forementioned. You see, we are trying to "ignore the crap" as you so poignantly put. Thus, our seeming absence. We're not trying to be negative, we're just trying to maintain the forum's reputation as a good source for Indy chat. Take care--nitzsche

Ok, so I'll credit you with the good reason. The thing is what you said totally contradicts what you posted when you did post that one before. You wasted the one little time you had to post, to tell someone that you didn't like what they were posting. Anyway, I knew I wasn't the target, at least I don't think so...Probably was in some way. I betcha that you probably think talking about Harrison Ford's hair is out of line. Harrison Ford is Indy, Indy is Harrison Ford and we come here to discuss all aspects of the movies and Harrison. But whatever...all I'm saying is that the good, thoughtful posts out weigh the bad ones. I think that too much emphasis is being put on the bad posts instead of the good ones. In the future WE'LL try to keep the fun to ourselves. Not trying to stir up trouble, but if I do, I do...I can't dictate what kind of opinions you have, but I'll try to understand them.
LFM
LFM

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: