Re: Custom size or just give a 38 for jacket ?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean from iah19-221.barrie.connex.net on March 28, 1999 at 07:53:03:

In Reply to: Custom size or just give a 38 for jacket ? posted by Kevin on March 27, 1999 at 17:26:14:

: I'm wondering..is it worth doing this? I'm just worried that I'll be getting something looking waayyyy too different from the movies.. not that one arm is 10 inches longer than the other...but still, would I be better off just to get a reg size 38 (which I think I am).. ? From my measurements, I'm a slim guy, about 5"9, 130 lbs, chest size 32-33... opinions ?

Go for a custom fit - and then watch what you eat!
If you're really worried, go to a professional tailor or a menswear store and ask them to measure you up so you can be SURE. It beats getting a jacket with what you think are your measurements and then having to send it back because it doesn't fit. As for getting something that doesn't look like the movies - don't worry. It will be fine (I'm assuming you're ordering from Wested, not the imposters). Take a look at the myriad of pictures people have posted of their jackets, then look at movie stills. There's no difference aside from wear and tear. Good luck, and I hope this helps.
Cheers,
Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: