Re: Attn: Willis and Geiger fans

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on March 28, 1999 at 11:01:59:

In Reply to: Attn: Willis and Geiger fans posted by Odysseus on March 27, 1999 at 10:55:19:

: It might be a futile effort, but I would like to encourage the participants of this newsgroup to flood Lands' End with emails regarding their closing of Willis & Geiger. This is one of the few catalogs I've seen that offers the type of classically designed adventure clothing that the folks of this group appreciate. I first heard about the company through this newsgroup and have enjoyed their clothing. I certainly had planned on continuing doing business with them. Please send an email to www.landsend.com. Thanks.

I had a nice long phone conversation with a Chris of W and G, and sadly it's out of their hands, and Lands End does indeed own the company/name, and has decided to close the doors sometime in May. At this time they do not know what direction Lands End plans to go with the line. Interesting this company began in 1902, and goes out at the end of the century. We could indeed protest, but I'm afraid in this land of corporate take overs and moving around of old companies, it will fall on uncaring ears. If you plan to purchase anything, you better be quick about it, according to Chris. Items are selling out, and there is no replenishing stock being put back in. This is sad. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]