Lucasfilm Archives - Star Wars to Indiana Jones

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian from fw128.nhs.uk on March 30, 1999 at 04:41:26:

Just while we're on the subject of the Archives book I would just like to make a comment or two.

Whilst I think it's one of the best "prop" books available (for Indy and Star Wars), I think it lacks a few things.

There is nothing on Indy's outfit whatsoever. Considering the hat, whip and jacket are the "essence" of Indy and the movies, you would think they would show you some decent pics of the actual costume. The only close reference is a photo of a bullwhip, which they claim was used by Indy. However the whip they show you is the one used by young Indy in the lion's carriage of the circus train.

What they have printed on Indy stuff is excellent, but there could've been a bit more "mouth-watering" photos. I hardly think a photo of a cardboard and sketched model of some of the sets is going to be that interesting to anyone. And the truck. No decent pics of the truck. They spend an aboslute fortune having these things built, you'd think they would have a photo from every angle!

Anyway, please don't anyone be put off buying what is still an excellent book. I just would like to have seen a bit more....

Regards to all,

Brian

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: