Another Indy Newspaper Article...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Magnoli from 203-96-93-34.dialup.xtra.co.nz on March 30, 1999 at 21:05:50:

Just read this article in a New Zealand paper. I've excepted the interesting bits:

----------------
ITALY'S INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF STOLEN RELICS
by Chris Endean

The world's largest collection of allegedly stolen archaeological treasures has been discovered in the home of a Sicilian art collector known as Italy's Indiana Jones.

Vincenzo Cammarata is accused of masterminding an international smuggling ring...

Cammarata is being held in Bologna prison, where he faces charges of stealing archaeological relics and helping the Mafia smuggle Italy's national heritage to private collectors and museums in the United States...

"He revelled in the reputation of being Sicily's version of Indiana Jones," says Tony Zermo, a journalist who has traced Cammarata's rise and fall...
----------------

Is this what the world thinks of Indiana Jones? I've heard people call him a tomb robber, but comparing Indy to Mafia-assisted smugglers? I hope Indy 4 helps to redeem Indy's character. I know that archaeology has changed greatly since Indy's day, but this Italian is a true criminal. What do you guys think? I think that I take this kind of stuff personally, being an archaeologist.

Kind regards,
Indy

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: