SCARY ARCHAEOLOGY

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by HANNIBAL KING from ausfire.austin.ppdi.com on March 31, 1999 at 00:15:27:

Hi,
I just have a little anecdote that I thought you might like to hear - not completely Indy related, but tenuously Indy related.

A few years ago I started seeing this girl who was a member of a local archaeological group. She invited me to join them on one of their digs. There is a load of old history near where I come from. There was quite a high Roman prescence and many of the families date back for years and years. William Wallace started his campaign of guerilla warfare after his wife was murdered by the Captian of the English Garrison in my home town. And about ten miles from me is the hanger where MOD officials examined Rudolf Hess' aircraft after he landed in Scotland during the war. Anyway, I digress.

The dig was to examine the ruins of an old house once belonging to quite a prominent family. Now, being that I was very into this girl, I showed bags and bags of enthusiasm. We turned up at the derelict house about 45 minutes early. There was four of us. The sight that met us was horrific.

The house had obviously been used the night before for dark and eerie purposes. There was the multilated carcass of a goat strung up between two trees. Weird symbols were daubed all over the walls - I'm not an expert, but a friend in the police told me later that these were astrological symbols. There were the embers of what had been fires all over the place.

We called the police and the archaeological dig was cancelled. It was probably just kids, but the police took it very seriously indeed. About three months later the archaeological club was invited back, but politely declined.

Spooky, but completely true!

Seeya Hannibal

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: