Re: Fear not but people will notice

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Major Paul from 204.208.40.74 on March 31, 1999 at 00:30:03:

In Reply to: A little adventure in life.... posted by ~The Raider~ on March 30, 1999 at 19:35:18:

: ...Is what we all need, isn't it?

: Thus said, this spring break our school is taking a trip to the wonderful Deutschland (that's Germany to you), with Austria and Switzerland on the itinerary.

: As a dedicated lifelong Indyfan, I could not see myself in ANY foriegn sans the Stetson fur felt. I have already alerted my friends to this, and I've got support from most of them. But there are these others... let's just say, despite the fact that taking fashion advice from them is like putting a Hari Kari instructor in charge of the Suicide Hotline, it still puts a seed of doubt in my mind.

: I want your people's opinions on this one: Should I or shouldn't I wear said fedora on the wunderbar tour?

: ~The Raider

You know what, who really cares what people think? Look at it this way, you get one ride on this merry-go-round called life and if you like wearing your hat then don't worry about anything else.

Having said that, be prepared to get some comments. I haven't written to this forum in a couple of months and in that time I have been busy working and travelling around the Far East. I wear my hat because I love it and frankly, as Will Smith said, 'I make this look good'. But no matter how remote I get, people just equate the hat with Indiana Jones. I've been to China, Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Indonesia, and Singapore and it never fails. Some native is going to point at you and go, "Ah, Indiana Jones!" Smile.. and enjoy it. -MP

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]