Re: Indy's boots

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Stephen from pve-pm3-1-10.harborcom.net on April 05, 1998 at 19:36:58:

In Reply to: Re: Indy's boots posted by Michaelson on April 05, 1998 at 13:27:11:

: : Several websites say that the boots used in the movies are Alden Shoes' style #405. Can any one confirm that this is the boot used in one or more of the movies? Has anyone got it? I sent an email to info@aldenshoes.com and they sent me their catalogue and a photo of the boot. I don't really recognise it as that used in the movies. It has very light coloured stiching and comes up quite high on the ankle. I could be wrong though. I would be greatful for any information.

: : Thanks

: I actually just got off the phone with Adam of Aldent Shoes, and he says these are indeed the boots used in the movies. They are unusual because they are usually cataloged in their orthpedic catalog, and are able to be made to doctor's specifications, as well as the usual stock items. I am currently thinking about possibly ordering a pair, and as I type this am looking at the facts and fitting guidelines that Adam faxed me a few minutes ago. These may actually be a pair of shoes that will solve not only your "Indy" fix, but make your feet feel better! Novel idea, eh? Regards. Michaelson

I ordered a pair of #405 boots from Alden Shoes and have worn them for
about five months. They are very comfortable... in fact, they are
probably the most comfortable "workboot" I have ever owned. It didn't
take very long to break them in and they have held up well under a
variety of nasty weather conditions. I will buy another pair of these
boots when the pair I have wear out.

Stephen

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: