Re: Raiders filming locations

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rik Duel from slgol51p54.ozemail.com.au on April 01, 1999 at 14:23:58:

In Reply to: Raiders filming locations posted by sas c|:) on April 01, 1999 at 11:51:39:

In Hawaii, I believe it was somewhere on the island of Kauai. In Tunisia, there were some shared locations with Star Wars, (e.g. the canyon where Indy threatens to blow up the Ark is the same one in which the Jawas captured R2-D2 in Star Wars) I think that the area in Tunisia where they filmed Star Wars is called, beleive it or not, Tatouine, so they could well have been there for filming on Raiders also. La Rochelle, in France, was used for the Nazi sub base sequence, and I believe it was an actual base used by the Germans in WW2. I've surprised myself by knowing this much about it, to tell the truth.

Rik.

: Someone in the local FirstClass Mailbox I'm was asking about the filming locations of Raiders. I told him that Raiders was filmed in Hawaii, Tunesia and France. Does anyone know more exact descriptions like city names or whatever? I haven't found any info about that online.

: sas c|:)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]