Re: Tha hat from the Outlet store

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by red four from oak-ts2-h1-50-102.ispmodems.net on April 02, 1999 at 10:10:42:

In Reply to: Tha hat from the Outlet store posted by Seamus on April 02, 1999 at 09:30:29:

First off, thanks to Groo for posting the info on the Stetson Nostalgia

: 1. How do you find the hat overall? (dissapointed, satisfied?)
I love my hats! I was considering getting a Nostalgia for a work hat and later buying a more expensive hat (Herbert Johnson, whatever) but I liked the Nostalgia so much I just bought another one.

: 2. Is the felt good quality?
The felt is just heavy and stiff enough for my taste. I was surprised by how light in weight it was as I was used to wearing an oilskin rainhat. It keeps its shape well enough in heavy 30-40 mph wids, but doesn't fall apart if you catch it on the car roof when your getting in. Very durable.
: 3. What exactly is the delivery procedure? (more details than in x marks the spot please)
All you do is call the outlet store, give them a credit card #, then call one stop shipping, give them your info, and they go and pick up the hat and ship it. They ship ups ground, only because they trust you to send payment after receiving the merchandise (they don't take credit cards). They didn't want to get into more expensive modes of shipping until they can trust someone I guess.

: 4. How long is delivery? and how much is it?
I live in California, and it took about 5 business days for my hat to arrive, so really about seven days total. The cost is a little more than you might expect but still low. I paid $17.00 to ship my hat, $6.00 of which was the pick-up charge from One Stop. Try to call them early in the day, so they can ship your hat the same day.

: 5. Is it easy to shape?
Yes, a little steam from a teapot (hopefully non-whistling :-)> ) and a little creativity gets your hat shaped up in about 10 or 20 minutes. To my eye the movie hats were hand shaped, so the Nostalgia just looks perfect.(Once again thanks to Groo!)

: 6. Does it have that famous black ribbon that everyone talks about?
I doubt that it has Petersham ribbon, however the ribbon is close enough. The hat just looks great AND it's cheap. I recommend you buy one immediately, as I have called Stetson and they say that the Nostalgia is being discontinued! I hated to hear it, but thats what they told me.
Once again I think you will be very happy with this hat. Even if you weren't you'd only be out a few dollars. This is one of the best Indy deals there is.

Hope this helped,

John D

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: