Re: Shirt Variations? & Color Variations

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Andrea from pool-207-205-156-47.lsan.grid.net on April 02, 1999 at 12:13:33:

In Reply to: Shirt Variations? & Color Variations posted by Andrea on April 02, 1999 at 12:10:56:

: Greetings!

: Has anyone noticed how the shirt does have some variations from film
: to film? When you look at some publicity shots for LC, the collars
: look more pointed than those from ToD or Raiders.

: Though this has been the only real tip off that has caught my eye, but has anyone else noticed other slight variations?

: BTW, with regard to changing colors of the shirts, there is a process used in production in which the costume fabrics are washed with a special dye, or bleached, in order to appear either less or more prominent for the camera. It can vary whether or not it is shot exterior or interior, and it's a process that is discussed between the cinematographer and costume designer.

: While I haven't come across any documentation of whether or not this process was used during any of the films, it's perhaps another factor related to the changing colors of the shirts. Also don't forget that different scenes are sometimes timed differently, causing other colors to diminish and others to boost. There are so many variables, it's difficult to pin point what would be the actual color.

: Andrea

Something else I forgot to mention about design variations: with the LC publicity shots, we also get a more pronounced arc with the front pocket flaps.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]