Re: Willie's wink in ToD's opening sequence

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Swordmaster from saw.wwnet.fi on April 02, 1999 at 13:27:21:

In Reply to: Willie's wink in ToD's opening sequence posted by Brett (Yasim) Lambert on April 02, 1999 at 13:13:29:

: You know that part when Willie is about to enter the dragon (no pun intended), she turns around and winks to the camera. I think she was winking at Steven Spielberg. As you know she was going to be the future Mrs. Steven Spielberg. I bet that was an improvised little bit there, and Spielberg liked it, so he left it in. What do you people think?

Dunno about that, but Spielberg/Lucas films have always had a lot of improvising. In Close Encounters of the Third Kind, in the dinner table scene, the little girl says something like "There's a fly in my smashed potatoes" - completely out of dialogue, but it was so funny that they left it into the film. Same with Star Wars trilogy: the Millennium Falcon scenes where Han hits the ship when the lights go out and where the tools fall on his head were both improvised on the set.

I thought these were pretty cool, so I wouldn't be surprised if Indy had a lot of improvising, either.

~Swordmaster~

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]