Re: Forrestal in Raider's Source Book

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Major Paul from 204.208.40.74 on April 03, 1999 at 00:22:33:

In Reply to: To Major Paul posted by Aquinas on April 02, 1999 at 12:46:09:

: To Major Paul,

: I think there is information on the character Forrestal in the Raiders of the Lost Ark role playing book put out by West End Games. You might want to try there. If I can think of anything else I will post.
:

: ---Aquinas

: Thanks for the tip. After checking it out, I see that Forrestal was a rival archaeologist from Princeton University. Apparently, Forrestal taught ancient history and archaeology there. The source book does a pretty good job of filling in the holes from the beginning of Raiders. Forrestal was searching for the Chachapoyan Temple in Peru with Barranca and Satipo when he disappeared. Indy appears to respect Forrestal's better skill at uncovering the more difficult archaeological finds which is why he took such an interest in the temple when Brody informed him Forrestal had disappeared. Forrestal spent a lot more time in Central and South America than Indy and was more fluent in the local Indian languages, including Hovitos. As Belloq was also keeping tabs on Forrestal, it appears "he was good, very good" at the archaeology game. -MP

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]