Re: Indy still interests children

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Webley from odo.belgium.eu.net on April 03, 1999 at 03:48:05:

In Reply to: Indy still interests children posted by Swordmaster on April 03, 1999 at 01:00:58:

: Hi,

: I was meaning to post this months ago, but forgot about it. Anyway, I was waiting for one of my driving lessons to start in January (I believe it was January) and was sitting in the driving school, and subconsciously listened to the school's owner's wife and the secretary talking something about the owner's grandchild, and what he wanted for birthday.

: What catched my ear was that the owner's wife suddenly said something like "He would like an Indiana Jones costume and the videos for present, but I don't think they are available anywhere anymore." Then they talked about five minutes about Indiana Jones and Star Wars, too, and how he (the grandchild) is *so* much into them and always acts Indiana Jones and all that.

: I was quite stunned there - even the 60-year-old woman knew Indiana Jones and his legacy. I was about to break in and say something about it but that was when the teacher walked in and I had to leave.

: I thought this was pretty cool. :)

: ~Swordmaster~

It's just awsome when you hear people around you talking about Indy and Star Wars, then you see that there are more Indyfans out there and that the Indy and Star Wars movies are after all those years not forgotten. I just love it! ;-)
One other thing about these movies is that they never get old. I mean, when I watched Star Wars special Edition, I had the feeling that they are around 1 year old and they are 20 years old!! I don't have that feeling when I watch a Star Trek movie or series, and that is one of the reasons why I don't like Star Trek very much.
-Webley-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]