Re: Was Indiana Jones an archaeologist?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by nitzsche from 1Cust143.tnt2.provo.ut.da.uu.net on April 04, 1999 at 16:28:05:

In Reply to: Was Indiana Jones an archaeologist? posted by Kym on April 04, 1999 at 13:00:08:

: I have to write a one page paper for an archaeology class answering the question: Is Indiana Jones an archaeologist?. I know that in the movie that is what he is depicted as but can anyone give me something great to say to back the statement up??

: I need this by tuesday!
: Anything will help!

Aside from the adventurer aspect to the character, Indiana Jones taught archaeology, which required a doctorat at the time. In the sense that he supplied antiquities for a museum, taught at a college of archaeology, and was known in the movies as an archaeologist, then yes, indeed, he was. If it is a trick question posed by your teacher, then it is a lame trick. I suggest you make mention of the slow, current death of American Archaeology as it once existed in Indy's day. It is basically Government controlled, highly political, too involved in the hard sciences, and virtually inaccessible to the public. If you need me to flesh out these points, let me know. --nitzsche

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]