Got the Filson Catalog- Nice Clothes!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from user-2ive85h.dialup.mindspring.com on April 05, 1999 at 13:39:59:

In Reply to: Re: Replacement source for Indy-style shirt? posted by Michaelson on April 03, 1999 at 10:52:33:

: : For those of you are interested and can no longer get the Balloon cloth shirt in your size I found a web page for something similar--maybe it is worth looking into, I don't know. It seems to be a lightweight fabric safari shirt (but without epaulettes).

: The Filson items I've run across over the years are made like iron, so would last through years of abuse. For $90 a pop it better. Looks like a nice shirt though, but the missing shoulder straps would be the only down side I'd see too. Good detective work! Regards. Michaelson

I just recieved the Filson catalog. It is similar to W&G in that they are outfitters that have been around since 1897 and they have lots of historical tidbits inside. They have more of a rugged hunting/fishing emphasis rather than aviation/military/exploring, but their clothes seem to be the real deal- seemingly of a very high quality, and they have some really nice belts and luggage as well. The catalog lists the feather cloth shirt at $64.00 which is very tempting! Anyway, if you want to check it out you can call 1-800-624-0201 for a catalog.

Cheers,
Abner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: