Re: MGM stunt show

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Tejas Indy from spider-th043.proxy.aol.com on April 05, 1999 at 13:58:18:

In Reply to: MGM stunt show posted by Seamus on April 03, 1999 at 11:30:20:

: Could someone tell me where exactly the Indiana Jones Stunt show is? and is it better than the ride the ride in Disneyland?(which I found very dissapointing.)
: Also on the Planet Indy site they have a video clip section of the stunt show. Have a look at the Boulder sequence, I think the stunt player actually got crushed by the Boulder by mistake as you can see stage hands yell cut and run to his assistance. At least thats what it looks like, have a look for yourself and tell me what you think.

: regards

: Seamus

I saw the show about 7 yrs ago and it rocked! The show starts w/Indy falling from a hole in the ceiling, dangling from his whip.Then, he makes his way to the idol w/a few booby traps along the way, & makes the exchange just like in Raiders. The boulder rolls, and it does catch up w/Indy. They run to his rescue only to find out he is O.K. They then tell you that the boulder is made out of stirfoam! They pick several audience members to participate in the Streets of Cairo scene. It contains many cool stunts and they blow up a truck! The fight sequences are just like Raiders, Indy even shots that darn swordsman. In the final scene, where Indy & Marion are trying to escape from the dig, they do a well-choreographed version of Raiders. Indy's knees even wobble when he falls from the punch by the German mechanic! They then blow up the truck! I loved every minute of the show, which sadly lasts only 20 minutes. I am finally going back to Disneyworld this summer, & I can tell you one thing I won't forget to see. The Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular. Amen.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]