Re: Jacket and Fedora?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Major Paul from 204.208.40.74 on April 06, 1999 at 00:52:49:

In Reply to: Jacket and Fedora? posted by Joel E. on April 05, 1999 at 23:44:01:

: I really want to get that Wested jacket and a good fedora but I need some of you guys' help first. I just wanna know what version of the jacket people have ordered...Raiders, Temple, or Crusade...the weathered or un-weathered version....cow-hide or lambskin....customized fit or generic size(42 regular). And as far as a fedora goes I wanna know anything you guys'll tell me....every possible hat that resembles Indy's....which one is THE BEST....which ones you guys have....the costs...the shipping times if possible....anything at all. I have about a dozen hats but none of them are close enough....so any help you can give would be appreciated. Everybody feel free to e-mail me, or just post a reply, thanks in advance......P.S. I have a link below to a picture and description of a Stetson Fedora, Style: 005 Indy (Sovereigh Collection), is that one any good?

: I have a Wested, Raiders-version, unweathered. I've had for about a year now and it was custom-made to my measurements instead of a generic size. I love it and I get a lot of comments about it. Can't go wrong with this jacket since it's the real "McCoy" from the movies. As for hats, I have the Stetson you've got pictured from Miller Hats. I like it, it doesn't put a big dent in your wallet and it's stood up to some pretty tough weather, especially last summer's monsoons here in Asia. But if you want that exact look, the high crown and all, then you want the Herbert Johnson model. There are others on this forum who have purchased that hat and swear by it. I can only mildly envy them from afar because I'm not willing to spend that much on a hat....yet. -MP

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]