The truth about the distressed version of the Jacket

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from user-2ive8cm.dialup.mindspring.com on April 06, 1999 at 10:21:35:

In Reply to: Jacket and Fedora? posted by Joel E. on April 05, 1999 at 23:44:01:

Check out the X-marks page and all the links to get a rundown on the basics. A lot of this stuff has been discussed at length already. Luger's Fedora page is a good place to see all the different hats. Indy Gear has good info on the jacket, like the different linings and versions. As for the jacket, I would get the new, unweathered version--I have the Crusade jacket in distressed leather with cotton lining and I'm planning to get another jacket in the new leather. I love the jacket (can't take it off!) but the pre-distressing makes the finish very susceptible to scratches and it is rubbing off in some areas where the leather is now more like suede. This is only after a few months! When it was brand new it looked perfect (like in LC) but now the color is becoming lighter and lighter. If you want an instant movie prop get the pre-distressed but other wise I would agree with the consensus here on the forum which seems to be for getting the new finish and breaking it in naturally. I know that's what I'm planning to do next time. Happy hunting!

Cheers,
Abner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: