Followup on the book....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on April 07, 1999 at 13:06:38:

In Reply to: The "Making of Raiders" paperback, a question for Walker.... posted by Michaelson on April 05, 1999 at 09:56:25:

: : : Just as an aside, the sub used in Raiders was the full scale sub mockup from the German film "Das Boot" (The Boat) that had just completed filming earlier that year. According to the "Making of Raiders" book, they were sweating bullets shooting this scene, as they had to tow the sub mockup out to open ocean and it couldn't handle very rough seas. Apparently the scene was shot at the absolute highest sea swells that the model could handle. Regards. Michaelson

: : Thanks Michaelson!
: : Great info, I thought this boat might be one and the same! Das Boot is one of my favourite films of all time, right along with our beloved trilogy. :)

: : Cheers!

: : Mark "Indy" Szarkowski

: : P.S. Do you know if "Making of Raiders" is still available? I wasn't aware of it.

: I honestly don't know if the paperback is still available, as I bought mine in '81. Maybe our resident book expert Walker can shed some light on that. Regards. Michaelson

I just checked Amazon.com, and they list the book as out of print, but would canvas the used book market to see if one could be found, so there may be an outlet for finding the paperback. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]