Re: Tarred and Feathered

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Korycinski from ww-te06.proxy.aol.com on April 08, 1998 at 06:31:46:

In Reply to: Re: Tarred and Feathered posted by Cap'n Paul on April 04, 1998 at 05:16:05:

: : I know this will get my imaginary Indy Fan Club card revoked but, just suppose they continue the Indy series in movies or television, and just suppose good ol' Harrison decides to hang up the whip, who do you think would be a good substitute? Or would you rather they not make any more Indy movies if Harrison isn't in them? Personally, I've always thought the looks, wit and actions of Bruce Campbell fit the Indy bill, as it were. From the "Evil Dead" movies to "Brisco County" to "Hercules" and "Xena", he nevers fails to impress me. And I DO think the James Bond thing works.

: :Wow, such a suggestion could get you killed! But you're right, it would be better to have the "adventure continue" then to have the fun die out. Except, Lucas and Spielberg would have to continue to add the creative input, anyone else and IJ risks slipping off the edge into a meaningless action film or some slapstick crap. Bruce Campbell would be cool as IJ. But I don't know if he could get away with saying, "Give me some sugar, baby" or "Hail to the King, baby" as IJ.

Tarred and feathered you should be too, and take away that man's membership card in the bargin. Bruce Campbell as Indy. NEVER!!
Let's face it, as a fictional character, Indy IS Harrison Ford. The late River Pheonix when asked how he played young Indy replied that he simply acted the way Harrison does when he's not acting. I can see Sean Patrick Flannery playing the part as an adult with no problem; I never made the comparison when he was playing Young Indy. I never once though "This guy isn't Indy." Sean does such a fine job at it.

Bruce Campbell on the other hand would fail miserably in the role. Yes he was great in the Evil Dead movies and Briso County was and is the only series I've taped every episode of. Bruce plays characutures well, but I've seen him is serious roles and he just cannot carry it off. As a comic he's good, but can't bring the intelligence or the dramitic acting so much needed to the role.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]