Re: Star Wars Insider - IJ mentions

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rick Jones from ut117057.inbel.utwente.nl on April 09, 1999 at 11:03:34:

In Reply to: Star Wars Insider - IJ mentions posted by dave on April 09, 1999 at 09:50:12:

: HJere's another good bit I should have posted long ago, it's from Star Wars Insider #42 which is from 2 months ago (it has the close up of Darth Maul on the cover) anyway, there's an interview with George Lucas and here's a little bit from it:

: SWI: What were your reason for going into the Indiana Jones series, and is there a future for it - is there more coming?

: LUCAS: Actually, Indiana Jones just sort of popped out of my mind while I was trying to work on Star Wars. Sometimes when you're thinking and doing things, other things end up striking you. So I came up with this idea of this archaeologist who is kind of a treasure hunter going after sacred artifacts. Part of it was [my] anthropology background, part of it was that there is this Republic serial component in Star Wars and I was looking at Republic serials. So I came up with another serial basically - it came out of my research. I didn't want to direct it, because I was doing Star Wars, so I tried to get my friends to do it, and I couldn't get anybody to do it. Finally I told it to Steven and he jumped on it.
: There may be another one. I've got a script finished and it's really a matter of Steven and Harrison's time.

----------------------------

Thanx for the info!
But I'm having one question... how can you become a member of the Star Wars insider?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]