Re: Premier Magazine - IJ mentions

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LFM from Gounellei.dw.net on April 09, 1999 at 15:02:53:

In Reply to: Premier Magazine - IJ mentions posted by dave on April 09, 1999 at 09:36:47:

: There's an interview with George Lucas in the new Premier magazine (Star Wars TPM cover) and along with the famous photo of Kate Capshaw, Spielberg, Lucas and Harrison taking a break from filming Temple of Doom there are a few Indiana Jones mentions. The interview is interesting and worth reading through but in the meantime, here are the excerpts:

: PREMIER: You shot second-unit footage for the Raiders movies. What else? (note - they lead into this asking him about how he hadn't directed for some time)

: LUCAS: Raiders, Willow, Tucker, practically everything. And the Young Indiana Jones TV series. That was the most fun thing I've done. It wasn't really television; it was a chance for me not to do television and have television pay for it. [laughs] But it was a little too esoteric, I think, for that medium.

:
: PREMIER: Why did you start the Star Wars saga with episodes IV, V, and VI?

: LUCAS: You're getting thrown in the middle of something, which is a style I like. It's the same thing I used on Raiders of the Lost Ark - you come in at the end of one movie and then you start another after that. But in order to start in the middle I had to actually write a whole backstory.

:
: There you have it!

I haven't gotten that issue yet so thanks for telling me. I purposely ordered my subscription to that magazine so that I could learn more about movies and what better a magazine to learn it from. Plus with Harrison Ford there, you know it's gotta be good.
LFM

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]