Video CDs

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from user-2ive8cg.dialup.mindspring.com on April 09, 1999 at 18:54:23:

In Reply to: Re: New guy/ look at this posted by LFM on April 09, 1999 at 15:16:11:

: : Hello fellow Indyfans! This is my first post to the forum. I wanted you folks to see something interesting. I just saw an item for sale at Ebay that surprised me. It looks like all three Indy movies on DVD. They look like foreign imports. I haven't heard anything about these. The seller also calls them video CDs. Is that the same as a DVD? Are they what it looks like? Check it out. Ebay item #88867999.

: They looked like regular cd's (music ones) to me. But then again I don't really know if you can dvd's in that kind of casing or not. You'd sorta think that if they were, a lot of other people would have them too and that some of the people hear would've heard about them.

: LFM

I have looked at the items but there are no Indy DVDs yet in existence. Video CDs are NOT the same as DVDs, although they are the same size and some DVD playes can play them. It's a format mostly common in Asia ("I'm not sure, somewhere in Asia...") that never really caught on in the US.

Cheers,
Abner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: