Re: I got another question, Dale

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by D.Borton from piweba5y-ext.prodigy.com on April 09, 1999 at 21:00:14:

In Reply to: Re: I got another question, Dale.... posted by Anejo Joe on April 09, 1999 at 04:32:04:

: Someone once said that a bullwhip was useful in a "non-lethal" situation. I sometimes go hiking by myself in wilderness areas. I am always armed. But you can't (and don't want to) shoot a gun where it could be a danger to others. It is a last resort only. Would a bullwhip be useful? Could it drive off animal attacks or snakes? Or is it too unweildy in close areas? Your thoughts, please.

This is kind of tough question to answer. In most cases the crack is enough to chase off an overly inquisitive animal. All situations are different though, and injury can often cause an animal to become more aggressive in a bad situation. So use extreme caution if you're ever faced with that type of predicament. Any time you would be forced to use a whip for a defensive purpose you have to be very proficient with it enough that you can competently control it other wise it will do more harm than good. Obviously a long whip is going to be somewhat awkward in a close space, so keep that in mind as well. As for snakes, why did it have to be snakes, it's best to leave them be, and go around them.

Dan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]