Huh? What is going on here?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by HANNIBAL KING from ausfire.austin.ppdi.com on April 10, 1999 at 02:30:58:

Hey,
I don't know, you end up gone from your computer for a while (sick with the flu - but hey, I'm better . . . thanks for asking). You log onto the Indyfan Forum and find that it has mysteriously turned into some kind of war zone! What I'd like to know is . . . why? I know all of the apparent reasons "weird postings" etc. but surely that isn't enough of a reason to start jumping down each others throats? I mean, I don't really find some of the postings too interesting, but surely when it is titled "What if Yoda was Indy's dad?" (no offence mean Lambert guys) - there's a big fat clue as to what it's about!?!? So, if these posts bug you - don't read them! What all this bickering and infighting is doing is splitting the forum into two camps! And, where is the point in that? We're all Indy fans (to greater or lesser degrees). Personally, I don't wear all the gear, but I do make Indy inspired movies (something I've had to take quite a ribbing for in the past . . . not here, but elsewhere). I wouldn't dream of attacking anyone who does want to wear the stuff! I also don'y want to start trying to foist my values onto the "What if Indy's dog Indy was in fact a distant relation to Chewbacca?" camp - because the forum's for all Indy related topics! Let's all try to lighten up, huh? I know a guy that was a member of the "Dr Who" fan club who had to go into virtual hiding, because he thought Jon Pertwee was a better Doctor than Tom Baker - now that was crazy! However, LFM seems to feel that she can no longer contribute to the forum and if that's the case then we're just as bad!

"NAZI'S - I HATE THOSE GUYS"

What about some kind of a compromise? What if, when people post something a little more offbeat they initial it (ht) for Humourous Topic? Then those who aren't interested don't have to read it and get all hot and bothered! What about some kind of personal code to stop attacking other peoples viewpoints (especially in the vicious way that has been rearing it's ugly head recently)?

We're all fans of Indiana Jones (that much has been established by the fact we're on this page), but we're not clones of each other and none of us are "more right" than others!

What do you all think?

Seeya Hannibal!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: