Re: Spielberg DVDs

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rocky from HRBGB103-03.splitrock.net on April 10, 1999 at 08:39:35:

In Reply to: Re: Spielberg DVDs posted by Doug Irving on April 10, 1999 at 05:33:21:

Hi guys.

Here's what I've heard through the webvine. It's not that Spielberg doesn't like DVD, from what I understand he does. But he's waiting for a solid base of players to be out in circulation before he releases his classic movies.
He kept his first promise. He said he would begin allowing movies to be release when 1 million players were sold. He kept that promise by allowing Dreamworks and Paramount to release Deep Impact and Amblin and Columbia to release Mask of Zorro. His other promise was to allow releases of his other films, what I call "classis Spielberg" titles like Jaws, Indy, CE3K, E.T. and so on when the player totals have passed 2 million. We're real close 1.8 million with the two million mark to be broken around july of this year. I see no indication that Spielberg will break his promise on this, and I do believe we will se classic Spielberg titles hitting later this year. I do believe word is going around already that the Indy trilogy is being looked at by Paramount as being a holiday title. Don't despair. It will happen. It's just really hard to wait.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]