"IndyChat" fakery

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on April 11, 1999 at 11:04:27:

From reading the posting below, as well as a couple of separate emails I found on my server to me, I see that the fakers who have visited us here have also visited the chat rooms that have been set up for use too. They must be individuals who visit here to know of us and our writing styles. Just to remind folks that just don't seem to remember...the web is a interesting place, but unless you're sure of whom your writing to, be suspecious and cautious. I was not at the chat, nor have I been involved in an official IndyFan forum organized one since the first chat that Bordok organized quite a while back. Apparently someone posted on this new chatroom using my moniker, which of course isn't a copyrighted deal, but some of you thought you were talking to me. Sorry, I was not there, so remember to take anything you read with a grain of salt. At least you know you have "me" here with Micah's posting alerts, as well as the fact that my postings only come from one of two computers I have here at the Institute and the posting headings reflect this fact. I can only speak for myself, but I wonder if our real Groo or others mentioned were actually participating on this chat. Be careful. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]