Re: Does anyone know where I can see a picture of the inside of Indy's fedora?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Greg from kenn010a-111.cybertours.com on April 11, 1999 at 20:14:43:

In Reply to: Re: Does anyone know where I can see a picture of the inside of Indy's fedora? posted by red four on April 11, 1999 at 09:33:07:

: Check out the scene in LC where Indy is talking to Donovan. Also, I think you can see the inside when Indy's hat blows back to him after the tank falls off the cliff. In the last vault there should be some photos of a Herbert Johnson hat, along with the pants from Noel Howard.

: Hope this helps,

: John D

I did inquire about this to Mr. Swales at HJ once a year ago. The hat linings in the HJ hats in all three films were the older-style hat lining that HJ used to use-red printing silk-screened on the white satin. Shortly after 89, probably 90 or 91, they switched hat lining styles to the current, burgundy seal glued to the white satin lining. So unless you can get your hands on an older HJ hat lining and install it, the hats will never be completely accurate in that regard, but hey, it's the lining. If the hat's where it should be (on your noggin) then no one will be any the wiser!

: : Can anyone help me there? I would like to compare it to my fedora. Any help appreciated.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]