Re: Who Indy is Modeled after

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by gary from 85.borrego.uia.net on April 11, 1999 at 23:41:40:

In Reply to: Re: Who Indy is Modeled after posted by Webley on April 11, 1999 at 06:38:10:

: : I am reading a book called "The Great Adventurers- Hiram Bingham" by David Cohen 1984 M. Evans and Co., Inc I think one of the learning channels had a special about him also. His life and adventures in south america have a similar style to Indys. He was the discoverer of Machu Picchu in the Peruvivan mountains(1911) and had a regilous background a rich wife and had a lot adventures while exploring. He even looked like a combination of Indy and Fedora. It is a good read an I recomend it for any Indy Fan.
: : (Wow this is the longest post I have ever done!!)
: : Gary

: I have once read that the Indiana Jones character embodies the two-fisted, swashbuckling panache of the classic pulp magazine and matinee serial heroes.
: And when Indy came to live with the casting of Harrison Ford, and actor Spielberg praised as a combination of Errol Flynn (in The Adventures of Don Juan) and Humphrey Bogart (a villainous turn in The Treasure of Sierra Madre).
: It's interesting isn't it?!
: -Webley-

Maby they combined a lot of things that would make people lik the charature lik they did with ET the fave is made up of several popular people.

Hows the script Webley
Gary

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: