Re: The Gray Areas

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Major Paul from 204.208.40.74 on April 12, 1999 at 15:50:57:

In Reply to: Re: There were no midget Nazi's. posted by Meg on April 12, 1999 at 11:52:03:

: OK, I just had to respond to this post. The thing that is going on in Kosovo IS different than what the Nazis did. The Nazis wanted to get rid of an entire race, genocide. They wanted them all dead. What is going on now is called Ethnic Cleasing, and the people don't want to kill the muslims, they just want them out of their land. If they have to kill some to do that they will, but there main idea is to get them off their land, not destroy the whole race of them like the Nazis. Do you understand what I'm saying? I look forward to your respond to this. Sorry if I don't know all the names and stuff, but I basically get the whole thing that id going on. Looking forward to your reply.

: ~Meg~

Ethnic cleansing, genocide... the difference is slight and not worth differentiating. The Nazi deported people who did not fit their image (Jews, Gypsies, homosexuals, Communists), moved them out of their shops, businesses, and homes, packed them into boxcars and moved them to "camps" for death. The Serbians are moving people who don't fit their image (ethnic Albanians, Muslims) out of the shops, businesses, homes... raping and/or killing young women, shooting the fighting-age men. The refugees you see streaming to the Macedonian or Albanian borders are those people who said, "I'm not waiting for a Serb to put a bullet in the back of my head." And they're fleeing to get out and save their lives. I think if the Serbs were left to their own devices, that is, NATO hadn't started bombing, then we would have started to see the same that happened in Germany - mass executions of a people because they're different (thus undesirable). The only real difference between the Serbs and the Nazis is that the Serbs don't use Zyclone-B and crematoriums. The tools are different but the result is still the same. -MP

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]