Re: Ethnic cleansing

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Meg from spider-wo024.proxy.aol.com on April 12, 1999 at 15:57:24:

In Reply to: Ethnic cleansing posted by Mark Indy on April 12, 1999 at 15:38:01:

: I'm sorry, but I don't understand where you're going with this... killing is killing no matter how you look at it. I'm of Polish descent (born there, actually), the Nazis killed millions of us during the war, be it on the battlefields, concentration camps, or just plain on the streets, as they had done to many other people. Contary to what a lot of people believe, not only Jews were put in concentration camps, although they constituted the majority. I see no difference between what happened then and what's now happening in Yugoslavia.
: Please understand, I'm not trying to start a flame war here... I can honestly say I feel for the other side (I think my interest in anthropology/archaeology influences me a bit here) as any Slav would - that's why the Russians are getting so emotional about the whole issue. The fact remains though that genocide is going on and something has to be done about it before a whole culture is displaced/eliminated. Anyway, I believe Indy wouldn't hesitate if he could do anything about it.

: Cheers!
: Mark "Indy" Szarkowski
: szarkom@pr.erau.edu

Oh, I totally agree with you that killing is killing and it is wrong, I totally agree with that. I also feel for the other side!! I think it's terrible what is going on. And think of the children!! In your post before you said that the same thing is going on today that did with the Nazis, and I simply wanted to say that it isn't the exact same thing. I still think it is wrong, and should be stopped! I was just pointing out that it's not genocide. I'm sorry if I have offendend you, because I feel the same way you do about it. Sorry again.

~Meg~

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]