Re: Indiana Jones Stunt Show review (spoilers)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by DrJones from conk-243-71.bgsu.edu on April 13, 1999 at 17:41:23:

In Reply to: Indiana Jones Stunt Show review (spoilers) posted by Rob Roy on April 13, 1999 at 10:58:50:

: Well I was visiting Orlando Florida to attend a friends wedding, and I had the chance to stop by the Disney/ MGM studios theme park, where the stunt show plays. I was very excited because I hadn't planned on going. In fact I had forgotten it was even there.

: The show begins with a person who walks out and asks for volunteers to play extras. Then the fun begins. The introduction to Indiana Jones was incredible, just like something out of the movies. Booby traps, narrow escapes, fire effects and appropriate music are all included. Now here is where my adolation is interrupted. Why? Because the story is interrupted. In fact, there is no story. Sorry kids, but from here on, the narrative takes a back seat to a series of demonstrations on how stunts are done in the movies. Well why am I surprised? It does say "Stunt Show" on the sign outside. I'll tell you why. I've only seen three other stunt shows in my life, and all of them were at Universal Studios in Hollywood California (close to where I live). They were a wild west show, a Miami Vice show, and an A-Team show. In every instance, the stunts were incorporated in the story, without taking long breaks in between to explain things or change sets. Sorry kids, but the Indy Stunt show is not a story. It is a recreation of stunt scenes seen in Raiders of the Lost Ark. Now, as crappy as it was to break the continuity, I have to admit, the stunt scenes were fun to watch. And there is a lot of comedy too. The show lasts for approx. 35 minutes. The souvenir shop has a lot of cool stuff, including two authentic looking leather jackets, one for $185 and a heavier leather one for about $280. Neither one was a Wested, of course. I ended up buying the new Raiders CD with additonal tracks, a fridge magnet, a Stunt Show T-shirt, the Lucasfilm Archives book and a Lego set of a pontoon plane. (Hey, they have Star Wars Legos now, where are the Indy ones?) I spent $94. When I get my pics developed. I'll scan 'em and post 'em.

: -Rob

: (MAJOR SPOILER BELOW)

: The scenes recreated are: the Golden Idol, the Basket Game, Marion Dies and the Flying Wing.

Very good review except I just thought I should add one thing;
It RULES to be one of the EXTRAS as I once was!!

Regards,

DrJones

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: