Re: A modest proposal: my $0.02

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by aka Inbanana Jones from archlab.anthro.uwm.edu on April 14, 1999 at 12:50:56:

In Reply to: Re: A modest proposal posted by Tessa on April 14, 1999 at 11:12:08:

The way production news filters out (or doesn't) re: IJ4, maybe this forum's grassroots storytelling efforts will surpass all others. Imagine a collection taken amongst participants to send forum volunteers roving the countryside performing IJ plays in villages hither and yon. Locales could build their own mythologies addressing local concerns, and this practice would support the multivocality of an Indy discourse: dissemination of the heroic ideal into a multitude of venues. Sorta like the finale of ToD; I've wondered whatever happened to those kids in the film's world. Did some go on to teach what they had learned from the experience? Would they have participated in the Indian independence movement? Perhaps one could consider sequels in terms of "The Adventures of the Students of Indy", or something.
Regarding a potential Mrs. Jones, she could perhaps be an omnipresent off-screen presence, much like Mariss on tv's "Frasier"... Or perhaps Indy never married at all, but simply adopted... Such might be the route taken by a character I've always suspected of being a closet anarchist, bullwhip notwithstanding.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]