Re: To all people who say any or all of the Trilogy in theatres

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jim, aka Inbanana Jones from alpha3.csd.uwm.edu on April 14, 1999 at 20:38:32:

In Reply to: To all people who say any or all of the Trilogy in theatres posted by Brett (Yasim) Lambert on April 14, 1999 at 15:19:42:

Saw RoLA as the second half of a double feature with Superman 2 in Ohio. Yikes. There were about 12 people in the theater; what I remember most are gasps during the hot poker scene and laughs at the shot swordsman.
Went to ToD on opening night, stood in line for an hour, and the theater hosted an Indy look alike contest before the show. I remember 10 or so men who went on stage, and all but one had the torn shirt/machete "post-rail car" scene look. The other guy had a plausible leather jacket on. I think he won the audience applause judging. It was the more fun of these first two movie screenings, although the movie did receive the same snickers mentioned by Michaelson. There was something about seeing RoLA in the theater that first time though, not knowing quite what to expect, and being pleasantly surprised that I wasn't watching warmed-over Han Solo in the desert.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]