Re: To all people who say any or all of the Trilogy in theatres

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rocky from HRBGB102-02.splitrock.net on April 14, 1999 at 21:19:35:

In Reply to: To all people who say any or all of the Trilogy in theatres posted by Brett (Yasim) Lambert on April 14, 1999 at 15:19:42:

O.K. You asked for it.

My fiance at the time (now my wife of almost 18 years) went to see it with my best friend and his girlfriend, a friend of my wife's and now his wife of 16 years, went to see it as a special sneak preview double feature. The actual movie was Death Hunt with Charles Bronson and Lee Marvin, with a sneak preview before the movie of a new movie called Raiders of the Lost Ark. I knew it had Harrison Ford in it and that George and Steven were the force behind it, and that's the main reason I wanted to see it. I wanted to see how Han Solo could do in another role and I loved Jaws and Star Wars. The audience screamed and jumped at all the cliffhangers, but the best part was when in the Well of Souls, Marion sees the mummified body with the huge snake crawling out of it's mouth. She screams, but not as loud as my wife did. We still laugh about it to this day. Saw the movie 4 times after it was nationally released and to this day is my favorite movie of all (even though I'm a very big Star Trek fan)
As a matter of fact, that same best friend and myself are going to make the journey to Maryland to catch the movie again this weekend.
The ladies are staying this time. All in all it was a fun experience and I can still remember who I saw it with each time I went and even some of the conversations.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]