Re: Indy Fan of the Month

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aragorn from 207.1.238.58 on April 09, 1998 at 20:31:18:

In Reply to: Indy Fan of the Month posted by Micah on April 07, 1998 at 19:10:23:

: Indy Fan of the Month - Geoff Wheelan of Helendale, CA

:
: Geoff fulfilled is sworn duty as an Indy fan by correcting a glaring omission in the May issue of Maxim magazine (you know, the men's magazine where the cover girl remains clothed and the articles are actually worth reading...)

:
: A reprint of his letter follows:

:
:

: I object to one movie excluded from your "100 Greatest Guy Films" list (March). Why isn't Raiders of the Lost Ark on there? Indiana Jones is the man! From outrunning boulders to Smith & Wesson-ing a sword-wielding assassin, Indiana Jones kicks ass! Plus he gets the babe! How the hell does Raiders get beat out by some lame-ass freak show like Planet of the Apes? That hurts, man.
:

:
: Fortunately the editors saw the light, referring the reader to a picture of the article's author, depicted by a monkey in an "I coulda had a V8" pose.

Geoff-- don't knock off "Planet of the Apes"! It really is a fine film, and definitely one of my favorites! I still consider myself a "Raider" before anything else, but c'mon... they're both classics after all. "Get your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!"

Aragorn

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]