Re: One other interesting in T of D

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dale Dassel from ts1-p21.min.prysm.net on April 15, 1999 at 17:19:39:

In Reply to: Re: One other interesting in T of D posted by Michaelson on April 15, 1999 at 13:53:55:

: : : :
: : : : : Hey Michaelson,

: : : : : Since you are the expert on the forum, I figured
: : : : : you would be the one that would know the answer to this:
: : : : : In Temple of Doom, what kind of does Wu Han have under
: : : : : the serving tray? While we're on the subject, what kind of
: : : : : does Indy drop in the tank for his dad to get in Last
: : : : : Crusade? Thanks.

: : : : : -Dale

: : : : Dale, I'm reading between the lines here, but I think you're asking what kind of s, right? If so, the revolver of Wu Han appears to me to be a Smith and Wesson Military Police, or MP, .38 special, the predecessor of todays Model 10. When it skids across the table to the henchman after he is shot, you can see where a butt swivel can be screwed into the butt of the . The pistol dropped into the tank is a Walther P-38 .9mm semi-auto. Hope that's what you're after. Regards. Michaelson

: : : One other item to mention here, and that is the neat old the Wu Han is shot with, and that appears to be a VERY old Smith and Wesson hammerless .44 Russian. They used to be called "lemon squeezers" because they were double action only (no hammer to pull back, only shot when you pulled the trigger). I had a chance a few years ago to buy one of these old .44's, but the monies wanted were just to rich for my . They were produced in the 1890's up through the 20's, and usually in the old .38 S & W caliber. The .44 Russian was made, of course, for Russian contracts but also found their way in the US market. A LOT of them floated around Asia and probably still are to this day. Really an interesting old hand . Regards. Michaelson

: : That IS interesting! I read somewhere that there is a chronology
: : mistake in Raiders. At the climax, when Indy says, "I'm gonna' blow up
: : the Ark, Rene!!!" he has a bazooka of some kind. Well, from what I
: : read, the bazooka wasn't invented until 1940! So technically Indy
: : was holding a weapon that didn't even exist! (The same for the bullwhip.)
: : Morgan tells me that they DID have long lash, machine-braided utility
: : whips back in the 20's and 30's- but bullwhips of that quakity simply
: : did not exist. Interesting, huh?

: : -Dale

: WELLLL, I'd say as a production item, yes, but folks have been hand braiding bullwhips for well over a century, and Indy wouldn't have necessarily had to purchase one "over the counter". He could have had is custom made by a master whipmaker back then too. They were around. I just found one near me who has been making them to custom order for over 70 years. I didn't even know he was here. Regards. Michaelson

Cool. Maybe you could pick one up! Ever consider cutting to the
chase and buying a Morgan bullwhip? It is worth every dime. (I think!)

-Dale

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]