Re: Thanks for the info, but that actually came from an email from Mr. Howard to me that I pasted into Xmarks!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Greg from kenn010a-108.cybertours.com on April 15, 1999 at 19:45:46:

In Reply to: Thanks for the info, but that actually came from an email from Mr. Howard to me that I pasted into Xmarks! posted by Abner on April 14, 1999 at 16:26:43:

: : : I'm trying to figure out how long the strap needs to be before I buy one. Does the strap double back in the front (like the one on the Indy Gear site) to meet the buckle in the middle of the chest or is the buckle just there for decoration? Help with this would be most appreciated.

: : : Mr. Howard said in an email that shirts should be available soon.

: : : Abner

: : Here is info from X marks the spot.
: : We have some straps approx 65" long at 10.00 pounds sterling. Depending on your height these
: : might be O.K. For somebody 5'10" upwards they need to be 71" long and these would be 17.00 pounds
: : sterling.

: Basically, I'm trying to figure out if the 71" strap fits or if I need a bigger one. That's why I want to know how its made.

: Thanks anyway:)
: Abner

The Howard strap at 71" will fit a six-foot or taller person adequately. I have two of these and two of the 65" ones, and yes, they construct the same way the film straps did (doubled back in front where it meets the buckle and simply folded over and riveting in back. I may buy some chicago screws instead of using the rivets, so that the strap may be removed if need be. They can be obtained from any belt-maker or leather shop.

Greg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]