Re: Question for Michaelson

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Anejo Joe from 96.greenville-01-02rs.sc.dial-access.att.net on April 15, 1999 at 20:10:32:

In Reply to: Re: Question for Michaelson posted by Browning on April 15, 1999 at 14:08:15:

:
: : Hey Michaelson,

: : Since you are the expert on the forum, I figured
: : you would be the one that would know the answer to this:
: : In Temple of Doom, what kind of does Wu Han have under
: : the serving tray? While we're on the subject, what kind of
: : does Indy drop in the tank for his dad to get in Last
: : Crusade? Thanks.

: : -Dale

: Interesting notes about the Walther P-38. It was developed in 1937 as a replacement for the P-08 Luger. The German military adopted it in 1938 (hence the P-38 designation) but production for civilian and military use didn't begin until 1939. Therefore they shouldn't have appeared in Last Crusade (1938). I suppose a few prototypes might have existed at the time but it seems unlikely that any German soldiers would have had them yet. Also, in Raiders, Toht uses a P-38 in Nepal and nobody should have had one in 1936. Maybe he was a time traveler:)

: "What shall we talk about."

: -Browning
-----------------------------------
I once read that the P-38 was a favorite of movie makers because it fired blanks really well. The P-08 was magazine-fussy and would tend to jam. Since most people don't know the difference anyway, I guess they opted for reliability. A real Toht would probably have carried a Walther PP or PPK, or maybe a Mauser HSC.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]